W.R. Meadows® Evapre RTU Ready-to-Use Evaporation Retardant, 5-gal.
- Item Number: 602362
- Product: W.R. Meadows® Evapre RTU Ready-to-Use Evaporation Retardant, 5-gal.
- Stock UOM: EA
- Manufacturer: W.R. Meadows
- Manufacturer Part Number: 3062005
- Weight (lb.): 45
- Container Size: 5 gal.
EVAPRE-RTU is a ready-to-use evaporation retardant that is high quality and water-based. It is specifically designed to form a thin monomolecular film to reduce rapid moisture loss from the concrete surface prior to curing. EVAPRE-RTU provides a significant aid in producing high quality concrete flatwork. Rapid evaporation of water is retarded, slab surface conditions are normalized, and workers can adhere more closely to established finishing schedules when using EVAPRE-RTU. EVAPRE-RTU is also VOC-compliant.
Uses & Features
- Significantly reduces plastic shrinkage and cracking caused by evaporation in low humidity, high temperatures, and high winds.
- Allows use of lower slump and lower water: cement ratio concrete.
- Provides smooth and durable concrete flatwork.
- Reduces wind crusting, stickiness, and sponginess, which often cause poor and uneven surface texture.
- Allows finishing crews to adhere to established schedules.
- Reduces overall cost because timing of finishing operations is less critical.
- Helps minimize surface cracking due to early water loss of silica fume concrete.